Wednesday, September 12, 2007

This is for Holly... :)

Ok ladies... I'm posting a recipe... it's my favorite chicken recipe and it's incredibly easy to make.

Oven baked Parmesan Chicken

1/4 cup butter or margarine (I have also used Olive oil, in a pinch!)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (most times I make it now, I omit the flour and use 1 cup of parm)
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
6 chicken breasts (I've never tried it with bone in chicken, mostly boneless, skinless)
1/3 cup of milk

Heat your oven to 400 degree. In a 3x9 baking pan, melt the butter in the oven (5 minutes or so - obviously you don't have to heat the oil, it's already liquid). Meanwhile, combine all the other ingredients, minus the chicken and the milk - a bowl or a pie plate will work for this. Dip the chicken in the milk and then coat with the parmesan mixture. Dip the chicken in the butter; place breast side up in pan. (You want to make sure both sides are dipped in the butter... makes for crispy, yummy cheese crust!)
Bake for 45-50 minutes or until chicken is fork tender and golden brown...

I usually serve with steamed veggies and potatoes, but you could easily put a marinara sauce on it and serve with pasta or rice. However you like it. :)

Enjoy!

7 comments:

Shaun and Holly said...

Yeah!!! Thanks a whole bunch Joy! I love cooking...will try this next week.

Amy said...

I'm going to try this too!!!

Unknown said...

Good! It's DEElicious! You'll have to let me know how it goes!

Praise and Coffee said...

Thank you it looks wonderful! What time is dinner??
:)

Sue

Roxanne said...

Sounds great; gotta try it!

Shaun and Holly said...

OK, so I made it. It was really yummy! ;o)

Unknown said...

I'm glad you liked it! It's close to my favorite... my kids love it. I also do this parmesan potato crusted salmon... it's pretty fantastic, too, and my kids would eat it every night of the week! I'll post that recipe soon... :)