Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmastime



Here we are, less than 4 days before Christmas... I absolutely LOVE this time of year.


I'm always thrilled when the first flakes fall... always a little less thrilled when I have to get out of my driveway the next day! Nevertheless, I love snow and the winter wonderland that comes with it. My exams were finished December 13th and the very next day my children and I went out and got ourselves a REAL Christmas tree! It's been a few years since we had a real tree and I didn't realize how much I missed the smell of pine in my house. Even more so, the excitement from my kids was palpable! We trimmed the tree last saturday and had a blast doing it...




We sat down as a family the other night to watch the Nativity Story... both kids really enjoyed it. I had to laugh the next day when Isabella suggested watching a Christmas movie again and Michael said, "Not the Navigational Story again!" HAHAHA... oh my boy...


I want to extend a Happy Christmas to all friends, old and new... may your holiday be filled with joy and a renewed focus on the One who's birth we celebrate... may your New year be enriched with blessings from Him who guides and sustains you.


Love from the three of us...

Joy, Michael and Isabella


2 comments:

Amy said...

Cute pic!
Can't wait to see you.
Love.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Joy! I'm so anxiously waiting to hang out with you again. You missed French Onion Soup the other day....

We think of you and pray for you so often.

The Lord Sustains all who fall, and raises up all who are bowed down. Ps. 145:14

Much love
Barbara