Friday, March 28, 2008

gratitide, gratitude, GRATITUDE!

This week has been a bit of an "I think I can, I think I can..." week and I'm SO over it! I just want to focus on the good stuff and reflect on how GOOD God has been to me through the storm...

- Smart, beautiful children who look past my faults as a mom and love me in spite of myself. I couldn't ask for more than what they are. I love them to bits and pieces! :)
- WONDERFUL friends who allow me to vent, encourage me when I'm down, love me always, fight with me, and pray for me. I NEED my friends and their presence in my life is a constant blessing.
- SUNSHINE! I love spring... I love the snow we had this morning and the way it's melting everywhere... the crisp breeze, pinching my cheeks and making me smile. I love, love, love this time of year. I love the joy in my children's voices as they rollerblade, play basketball and enjoy outside together. I love the mud on my dog's legs and belly... means everything is melting and it's closer and closer to summer!
- Hand-me-downs! My absolute favorite memory is sitting outside my sister's bedroom door, waiting patiently for her "junk" to be bestowed upon me as "treasure"! I love getting other people's things... that being said, I LOVE that I'm getting Amy's old couches! I love that I get to SEE my best friend tomorrow, HUG her, and spend a few hours in her house and then I get to take her couches home and SIT ON THEM! It will be like having a little piece of Amy in my house always and I like that thought! :)
- I am (strangely) grateful for anger. Now, I know how this sounds. I don't like being angry... I hate being angry. BUT... I am grateful that I am able to be angry. I'm not emotionless... I have feelings. I believe in my worth enough to be angry when I feel like an injustice is occuring. This is a GOOD thing! I'm thankful that I believe in myself enough to be angry when something is wrong. God is continually trying to remind me of my value and worth and every once in a while, I feel it and I believe it.
- I'm thankful for my God... who patiently waits with His hands outstretched, ready to take my load. He's not playing tug-o-war with me... He's just there and waiting for me. WAITING for me. Longing to take over and be my strength when I'm weak. Even though I'm still gripping and I can't quite let go, this is overwhelming to me... and His presence is something I can't live without.


Psalm 13:5-6
I've thrown myself headlong into your arms—
I'm celebrating your rescue.
I'm singing at the top of my lungs,
I'm so full of answered prayers.

4 comments:

Roxanne said...

What a go Joy! Keep counting your blessings! There's plenty more to come!!!

Roxanne said...

Tht would be "WAY TO GO..." I must need some sleep!!

Amy said...

This could be part of your book---the anger? Like swinging by a rope..
I love that after all the emotions, you can look at everything and still be grateful and know that you are blessed...

You, my dear, are the BLESSING!! You are an absolute jem.
Can't wait to see you!!!! Muah.

Anonymous said...

Well written Joy!

Thanks for choosing to celebrate and share with us.

You lucky woman, being able to see Amy!!!