Monday, March 26, 2007

thankful...

I'm thankful for spring... the hope and possibility of a fresh start.
To my children... who love me in spite of my weakness as a mother and who are constantly teaching me about life from a child's perspective. Their imagination and hope are an inspiration to me. I can't imagine my life without them.
To my family... though there are fractures and frustrations, it doesn't stop the love and support. I couldn't imagine my life without you in it and especially you, Beth. You're encouragement, your support, your sacrifice for my sake has been a lifeline I couldn't be without. God blesses me everyday with you and I pray His blessing back in your life for the things you've done for me.
To my friends... Amy, I've known you the longest and you've been around for the good, the bad and the very very ugly. You have remained constant to me and loyal even when it may have seemed I wasn't. I can't imagine my life without you in it and I can't imagine what sort of woman I'd be without your friendship, encouragement, faith and love. You daily bring to my life a sense of "home" that comforts me during storms and calm.

and to Dean... even in the unimaginable pain of this course we're on, I am thankful for the opportunity to examine my heart, uncork the bottle of aged turmoil and bring my spirit to a place of brokenness where I am free to allow God to renew my focus, restore my relationship with Him and bring me closer to the woman I was created to be.

Colossians 4:2
2 "Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart."

7 comments:

Shaun and Holly said...

I raked away some old wet leaves in my garden today and there were 3 tulips poking up out of the soft earth. Spring does bring NEW life and NEW hope. Praying for you and your family!

Unknown said...

Thank you Holly... I appreciate your prayers. I bought some seeds for herbs in my kitchen and they're already swelling a little... I just planted them yesterday. It's refreshing and the doors open sends a breeze through my house that is SO welcome.

Shaun and Holly said...

herbs...yummy! What kinds? I don't know much about growing herbs...

Unknown said...

Basil, Chives, Dill and Oregano... it's fairly simple, I think. I like using fresh herbs in cooking. I'm a little addicted to the food network!

Shaun and Holly said...

Joy,
Let us know how they grow for you. Maybe I will try some next year, if you have great sucess! ;o)I love cooking...which can be a "mixed" blessing...lol

Anonymous said...

So well written, I love your brokenness, and so does God. He is not uncomfortable with it. And He............. is in the midst of it.

Bless you, keep being real, He and we can handle it.

Roxanne said...

Joy, thanks for reminding me of the many blessings in the midst of my own journey. I too have been blessed by the endless support of a sister who continues to pour into my life and the lives of my children.