Tuesday, March 27, 2007

the sun on my face...

I'm not ashamed to say I'm a romantic. Shakespeare quoting, white dress in a flower field spinning romantic. Breathless at the sight of my love romantic. I have many memories of when I was a child, going for walks in the woods, picking flowers and laying in the grass quoting Lord Tennyson and writing in my journal by the pond (or the Lake of Shining Waters, to those who understand!). These are precious memories to me!

"Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O, no! it is an ever-fixed mark,
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;"

I was thinking of these times last night, and today while I drove to have tea with my kindred spirit friend. These moments of abandon... moments I didn't care who was watching... moments I stole when I needed to be myself in the truest form are lost to me now. Yet, as it came to mind I remembered... standing in the field with arms held wide, spinning with tears falling for some unremembered reason while the sun beat down on me with it's warmth. As I released and fell to the ground, still, as the world spun around me, I can remember opening my eyes for the briefest second... all I could see was the sun, so bright I had to close my eyes again and I lay in that moment, forgetting all my woes and basked in the sun. It's all coming back to me now... I am that girl. I am seeking moments of abandon, moments where I need to find my truest self... I am not lost. Yes, the world is spinning around and I am spinning with it, tears falling for the ache in my heart - feeling ready to release and fall to the ground. Maybe I've already fallen... maybe I'm laying in the grass feeling the world spin around me. But just as I felt the sunlight on my face then, and knew when I opened my eyes that the light would be so bright I'd have to close my eyes again, I know. That warmth I feel on my face... that closeness like warm breath on my cheek... if I open my eyes I see the Son. So bright I have to close my eyes... but He's there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very poetic Miss Joy. How beautifully said, and how important to remember that no matter how dark it gets the Son is always shining. Thanks for tea yesterday. Looking forward to doing it again.

Amy said...

Beautiful.
He IS shining down upon you. He wants nothing more from you, at this moment, then to have you bask in his GLORY.
(Good writing too!!)
Can't wait to see you.

Shari said...

You are a very skilled writer. This blog is obviously birthed from the heart.

He longs for us to be abandoned with Him..He longs to shine on us and adore us. He is truly in love with us. God will never leave, never forsake and He never forgets us. We are always on His mind. He is faithfull and trustworthy!!

My daughter and future daughter-in-law also love Anne with an "E". We will watch the series and sometimes even have the guys along for the ride.(we ask them at a weak moment and they agree. lol)

I think of you daily and am praying for you.
Love ya
Shari

Shaun and Holly said...

Beautiful writing Joy. Very, very nice! I am so glad that you can feel the Sun/Son, even in difficult times.

Anonymous said...

Awesome heart expressed in such unique picturesque words.
My heart of brokenness bleeds with yours. God pours through those cracks in great ways.

Thanks for allowing His presence to be "poured out" through your journey. He is in your midst. I can see and hear Him in your words.

He is in love with you. Each tear He captures and places in a bottle. He reads every tear that falls.

Here's to the promise of new revelation and life for you.