Saturday, April 5, 2008

Heard over breakfast...

We had breakfast today, at my good friend's house. Mmmm... chocolate chip pancakes and bacon!
Isabella was sitting at the table with my friend, telling her how she's "reborn".
I sat down and my friend says, "reborn, huh?"
I look at Isabella and she says, "yes! When you ask Jesus to come into your heart, you get to be born all over again! Right mom?"
I say, "YES, that's right, Isabella!"
Isabella looks at my friend and says, "it's that easy! You should get born!"
(I'm giggling now - my friend is not "born all over again".)
My friend says, "I don't talk to God much, these days".
Isabella, not to be swayed, says, "Well, He's listening! Being born all over again is SO great! You should just ask Him and then you'll be all born over again and we can be friends forever!"

(a sniff and a giggle... loving my daughter SO much in that moment!)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Precious!!! Children really are in tune with God! Love it!

Unknown said...

Hee hee... aren't they? OH, the look on M's face was priceless! :) Isabella just firmly believed and didn't waiver!

Roxanne said...

Sounds like the perfect breakfast.

Anonymous said...

That is SO great! A mini-evangelical preacher. Gotta have faith like a child right?