Friday, May 23, 2008

In desperate need of a lighthouse.....

Boating is bliss. Wind in your hair, sun on your face bliss.
There's nothing quite like gliding across a lake of mirrorglass, basking in the creation around you.

Until it's no longer bliss.
Clouds roll in, lightening shatters and thunder cracks.
The once calm water suddenly turbulent and frightening.
All of the sudden, you can't see land... just the biting wind and the torrent of rain that is now falling.
Fear.
Absolute, uncontrollable fear.
There is no reason. There is no logic. All you think is "how will I get out of this? how will I survive??"

This is my storm. This boat is my life. Nothing is familiar to me. This doesn't feel like my boat. I don't recognize anything - I don't know where anything is.
There are rocks ahead. I can't see to dodge them. Everything is dark and nothing can stop the fear that creeps into my heart and lays claim to all I hold dear.
I've thrown myself to the floor, tossed a blanket over my head and hold my breath.
The water is flooding in - there are holes in my boat and it's still raining.
I'm cold. I'm scared. I'm alone.

I know of a lighthouse... of a light SO bright it would illuminate my whole world. I don't remember where it is anymore. I don't remember what direction it is. And while there is comfort in knowing it's out there somewhere, that doesn't help me on this day... in this storm.
Life is getting overwhelming. While I'm still smiling, inside I'm freaking out. Where is the lighthouse? Where's the beam of light that draws me to it and points the way through this storm?

3 comments:

Roxanne said...

I love how calm the lake is AFTER a storm. It looks so peaceful.
I wish I could bring your storm to an end.
I am learning to experience peace in the midst of my own storm, knowing HE is with me no matter what the storm brings.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Roxanne... I am waiting for the calm after the storm.

Amy said...

One of my fav. songs I've posted for you.


"My strength is almost gone...how can I carry on...if I can't find you...but as the thunder rolls..I barely hear you whisper through the rain..I"M WITH YOU"

Every tear you've cried HE holds in HIS hand.

I love you.
I'm with you too.