Tuesday, April 3, 2007

gratitude day...

I'm a little late on the Gratitude Saturday so TODAY I am grateful!

I am thankful for spring... for being able to turn off the furnace and open the windows and have a breeze - fresh spring air - in my house.
I'm thankful for spring rain... I LOVE the smell of spring rain and the wet ground and the flowers and buds...
I'm thankful for loving children who are always telling me they love me and showing me in their little ways that they're glad I'm their mama.

Isabella came home from school today and said "Mama, did you miss me today?"
"Yes, love! I missed you!"
"Were you lonely without me?"
"A little, Isabella, but school is important."
She left me for a minute and came back with a piece of paper...
"This is for you, Mama..."
I opened it up and almost started crying. (Who am I kidding?? There were tears!)
"It's a picture of my heart... I want you to have it. I will love you for a thousand, hundred years. Don't be lonely, Mama, I'll never, ever leave you."
Gulp.
I love that heart!

I'm thankful for a heart of worship... even when I feel like I'm drowning in a sea of disappointment and hurt, I can open my heart to worship my God and feel His presence all around me.
I'm especially thankful for friends, whether new or old, who hold me in prayer and think of me during this trial. I SO appreciate the love and support and it's through your prayers and God's strength that I'm able to stand and not be shaken (too much!).

Psalm 5:11-12
11
But let all who take refuge in you rejoice;
let them sing joyful praises forever.
Spread your protection over them,
that all who love your name may be filled with joy.
12 For you bless the godly, O Lord;
you surround them with your shield of love.

8 comments:

Amy said...

My prayer is that through this, through you, Isabella and Michael, will see that God will never leave them, nor forsake them.
My heart aches for all three of you. May God continue to withhold and strengthen you.
All my love.

Shari said...

God will continue to give you grace for this journey. He is always there in the midst of the storm to bring peace and calm.

Blessings on you and your children
Shari

Anonymous said...

First, let me just say, that you are so loved!
Second....that photo of you is fantastic! Very neat addition.
Wondering about another tea (at which I will not be such a downer...last time I was a little cranky I think) and perhaps a movie (hmmm...I'm thinking Jane Austen-ish, or anything beautiful). See you soon?

Roxanne said...

Joy, I read your thoughts with tears as I have walked, and continue to walk, a similar road.
You are wise to hold unto God's word, seek His presence and receive the support of family and friends. My sister and your Aunt Donna have been so instrumental in my continued healing. They have seen the good, bad and the ugly in me (and a situation like this certainly has a way of exposing it all!!) and have continued to pour into me. Your Uncle has become a father to me, providing a listening ear and helping hand whenever needed.
I love the tender hearts of young children. God will blanket you and your children with His love and protection. Psalm 91:1 has become my life verse. "THOSE WHO LIVE IN THE SHELTER OF THE MOST HIGH WILL FIND REST IN THE SHADOW OF THE ALLMIGHTY."

Anonymous said...

Such a good writing. Don't you love how the innocence and tenderness of children brings life to our hearts.

God help us to be more like children, always trusting and believing that You love us.

Anonymous said...

Joy,
I have a word for you for this coming weekend. The enemy wants to try and rob your joy this Easter weekend.

I really felt to encourage you to go out and do some things for yourself that you really enjoy. Window shopping, wandering in a beautiful nursery, meandering through the library and reading all the expensive magazines... the list is endless.
Jesus wants to spoil you rotten this weekend, 'cause His dying made you worth every moment. He wants to give you treasures from Him this weekend, and I for one will be standing in prayer for you...... that NOTHING will rob you of the joy that is ready for you this weekend. I am praying that it won't be a weekend, that you "survive or just make it through" without your kids, but that God takes you up with Him and lavishes His love on you and surprises your heart with joy.

That's my word for you........ Feel no guilt or shame....... but believe that even this weekend, He will reveal His great love and kindess to you!!

You are worth it, and you are His favorite (PS- so am I! lol!)

Unknown said...

Cheryl, thank you SO much for that word. I have struggled today knowing I would be alone for the next three days. That thought has had me feeling lonely already! I had wanted to go to Belleville to visit Amy and the gas money just wasn't there. So, I have been feeling the enemy attacking me in regards to this weekend. However, I am determined to focus on Christ, surround myself in worship and bring myself to the foot of the cross. Thank you again for your words and your prayers. Blessings on you and your family this Easter.

Shaun and Holly said...

Happy Easter Joy. Thinking of you and praying blessing on you.
Love.
Holly