Friday, April 27, 2007

Mr. Grounded!

I was making dinner last night and Isabella was helping me unload the dishwasher and set the table. Michael was in his room doing his reading (he has to read for 1/2 an hour every night in English) and sulking because he wasn't allowed to see his friend next door... he was grounded Tuesday night for lying.

So, I'm making dinner and Isabella and I are having a lovely mama/daughter chat ("I love lipgloss, mama, don't you? I think it makes your lips look SO fluffy!", "I agree, Isabella... that glitter on your lips is SO beautiful!") and as I'm finishing up with dinner, I call up for Michael to come down.

Nothing.

"Michael, it's dinnertime! Please wash up and come down!"

Nothing.

"MICHAEL! Did you hear me? Come for dinner!"

Nothing.

Isabella looks at me and says, "I'll get him, mama." So I say okay and up she goes.

This is what I hear from the landing upstairs... "Get downstairs, Mr. Grounded! it's dinnertime and mama has been calling you!!!"

I can hardly contain myself, I'm laughing SO hard. Isabella comes back down with this look of utter satisfaction and with one hand on her hip, she poses in this very take-charge sort of way and says, "well, I took care of that!"

I'm still laughing!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like I have the same daughter....lol...many many days I hear myself saying to her
"Hannah, don't you concern yourself with that. I am the mommy, not you..."
Followed by a whole bunch of "BUT MAMA's"...
Too funny....I can just picture Bella....
Muah to you all.

Anonymous said...

Siblings love to get each other in trouble, or point out and remind them that they have been in trouble.
Mine are older and they still love to do it........... except Lindsay........ she never tattles on anyone (including me) Thank God!

Shaun and Holly said...

Little girls are such MOMMY'S in training!

Unknown said...

Aren't they though??? She's precious... and precocious! I'm sure in her mind, she's turning 16 rather than 6!