Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Oceans will part...

I just had to share this song - it has been my dwelling place today... I hope you love the lyrics and that they speak to you as they have to me.

Oceans will part
(Hillsongs Live: Mighty to Save)

If my heart has grown cold, there Your love will unfold
as You open my eyes to the work of Your hand
when I'm blind to my way, there Your spirit will pray
as You open my eyes to the work of Your hand...

Oceans will part, Nations come
at the whisper of Your call

Hope will rise, glory shown,
in my life Your will be done.

Present suffering may pass, Lord Your mercy will last
as you open my eyes to the work of your hand
and my heart will find praise, I delight in Your way
as you open my eyes to the work of Your hand...

Jesus, open my eyes to the work of Your hand...
Oceans will part, Nations come at the whisper of Your call...
HOPE WILL RISE, GLORY SHINE,
in my life Your will be done...

Oh that this would be my hearts cry... I feel so many different emotions these days and while I feel pain and guilt and shame, I feel HOPE... I pray for hope and I believe my Lord has a plan and a purpose for my life and for the life of "him". God, touch his heart. Soften his heart to acknowledge You and Your call in his life. Oh the man he could be if he could only trust you... oh the wife I could be if I could only trust You.
Oh Lord... forgive me...
Whatever the outcome... whatever the journey, I look to You to sustain me...


Isaiah 40:27-31 (the message)
Why would you ever complain, O Jacob(O Joy),
or, whine, Israel (Joy), saying,
"God has lost track of me.
He doesn't care what happens to me"?
Don't you know anything? Haven't you been listening?
God doesn't come and go. God lasts.
He's Creator of all you can see or imagine.
He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch his breath.
And he knows everything, inside and out.
He energizes those who get tired,
gives fresh strength to dropouts.
For even young people tire and drop out,
young folk in their prime stumble and fall.
But those who wait upon God get fresh strength.
They spread their wings and soar like eagles,
They run and don't get tired,
they walk and don't lag behind.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's the way to be an overcomer!!! By being a worshipper in the midst of adversity. He is blessed by this, and I am proud of you.
This type of declaration will be what gives you "air to breathe" and it will keep you afloat.
Keep going girl!!!

Amy said...

This is the place that he wants us all to live in...worship to him alone...
Keep on!!

Unknown said...

Thanks girls... I'm sure there will be many moments ahead where I'll feel the waves crashing into me, but I really believe... I REALLY believe that God is in this with me and as bad as it gets, He's my source! (See how I feel in a week!) No, no... I mean, there will still be badness ahead, but I will attempt to praise in the midst... your love and support helps me and I SO appreciate you both!

Praise and Coffee said...

I LOVE that song too.
You will never be sorry that you praise Him in the midst of this.

Fix your eyes on HIM, He loves you so much!

Anonymous said...

I love that version of that verse. I'd never read the Message before "why do you whine?"...yeah.

In our house we have a song called "no more whining" that I wrote :-) It is very inspiring, I'm sure. Let me sing it for you tomorrow! God is good (all the time) and All the time (God is good)

Roxanne said...

I'm glad to hear that you have found a dwelling place.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful