Monday, April 16, 2007

thankful...


My children are the "joy" of my life! I am SO thankful that God chose me to raise these energetic, adorable kids. Michael the lionheart... he is so strong and silent. He's a warrior and a shepherd. He has such kindness in his heart, it brings me to tears. He is loving and considerate and all boy! I can't imagine a life without my son. Isabella the princess... doesn't care who's looking, she'll spin and dance and curtsy her way through her life. She is a blessing and reminds me of how it felt to be a little girl... so full of dreams and hopes and knowing how precious it felt to be a girl. Isabella takes care of everyone... she brings me water in the morning so I can take my meds... she feeds the animals without being asked... she is always ready to stand on the stool and do my dishes for me. Her heart is tender and I pray she gathers strength from God for the journey ahead. I pray they both grow to lean on God and trust His protection and purpose for their lives. I pray I have the strength to continue being a mom they can look up to, a mom they can come to... a mom that relies on her God to carry her through the toughest times, and praises her way through the good and the bad.

Deuteronomy 6:6-7 (The Message)

6-9 Write these commandments that I've given you today on your hearts. Get them inside of you and then get them inside your children. Talk about them wherever you are, sitting at home or walking in the street; talk about them from the time you get up in the morning to when you fall into bed at night. Tie them on your hands and foreheads as a reminder; inscribe them on the doorposts of your homes and on your city gates.


God, thank you for the blessing of my children. Let me always trust in the knowledge that You are in control and that You will work all things out to the glory of Your name.


"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes."

5 comments:

Amy said...

You're a great mom. You can see it in your kids...
God is faithful. His mercies are new EVERY morning.

Roxanne said...

Your children are blessed to have you as their mother. God loves you
and is with you at every moment.

Anonymous said...

We are rich women. Children are the greatest gift and the greatest reflection of His love to us, and through us.

Great post!

Praise and Coffee said...

Amen! Childen are a blessing and Godly mothers are too!

Shari said...

I bless the strength in your son and the freedom in your daughter. Enjoy your children and capture all the little moments...they are priceless treasures. I have taught my children much BUT I have learn even more from them.